Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Only Time In My Life I Actually Want Surgery!

Ok, you read right, I actually WANT to have surgery. I WANT a hysterectomy. Why keep the parts if they don't work right, if they constantly cause pain, and they are a risk for cancer?

I'm doing my internet homework, calling my GYN tomorrow and am going to look under every stone until I find a way to make this happen. No, I'm not crazy, determined maybe, but absolutely not crazy to want major surgery to remove organs that cause such dire pain that at least 12 days a year I have to take narcotics to live through. Not to mention, I have an allergy to the narcotic pain medication, so while I maybe somewhat pain-free, I'm itching and unable to sleep. Misery!

Part of the problem with wanting the surgery now is the insurance and or cost to cover it. I need to do more 'investigating' to see what portion, if any, my Medicare Supplemental insurance will cover. I have my doubts, but I need to be sure what exactly I am up against.


No comments:

Post a Comment